All registered users have the ability to add blog posts to the site. To do so:
2. Log in and go to “My Sites” in the top navigation. Select “Self-Publishing Review” and “New Post” in the drop down menu.
3. Start blogging. Save as draft until the post is done, then submit for review.
New posts are moderated. Some member posts will be bumped up to the front page as featured posts.
Note on blogging: You can cross-post from your own site or write something original. Please don’t just submit a book synopsis as a post. The site generally frowns on content that’s overly sales-driven (My book/product/service is awesome because…) and prefers blog entries to be at least 350 words long. Post opinion pieces, book reviews, industry news, how-to’s…
For shorter pieces – such as a link to an interview or review – post an update in your profile. Add a link to your book, service, or site in the Directory. All activity is listed in the sitewide activity feed.
See the links for complete guidelines:
If you like, fill out this interview:
1. How did you come to self-publish? Did you try to get published traditionally?
2. What self-publishing service did you use? Happy with the service?
3. What avenues have you taken to market the book? Have you gotten reviews, interviews, TV, print media coverage?
4. What drove you to write this particular book?
5. Is the book in any one particular genre? Is it a genre that’s familiar to you?
6. Who are your greatest writing influences?
7. What’s your writing regimen? Any tips for keeping focused?
8. Would you self-publish again?
9. Any final words of advice for those looking to self-publish?