Consultation is mainly recommended for those who are just starting out and find the self-publishing process overwhelming and mystifying. Have you been a holdout in the self-publishing revolution and you’re unsure of where to start? Are your current publishing goals not being met? The consultation process involves:
1. A phone call (or email if you prefer) to talk about your goals with self-publishing. We will discuss the best avenue available: e-only, print and e-publishing, print only – as well as the most optimum services for each format.
2. Set-up of author blog, Twitter account, and Facebook page, if necessary. Additional consultation on how to best use these services for promotion. We can also cover blog/Twitter/Facebook post creation – for an additional fee.
3. We can help draft a press release, synopsis, author bio, and cover copy.
4. Basic formatting for Kindle and Smashwords from a Word doc, and instructions on submitting to these sites. If you need advanced formatting, we have partnerships with an ebook designer and cover designer.
5. Create a short and long-term marketing plan for the book.
6. A Feature on Self-Publishing Review including an interview and synopsis of the book.
Rates start at a $350 flat fee. Fees may go up depending on the amount of content required.
We can’t guarantee book sales, but we can get you up and running. Your book can only be read once it’s available, so if you’ve been deliberating about beginning this process, we can help you on your way!
Please contact the site with any questions you may have.